It will not be possible to reach pressed hands and chest if you are not careful with the legs.
Many beginners in the gym don’t attach much importance to leg workouts, focusing on the arms, chest, and back. However, this is a fundamentally flawed approach. It takes a long time at the beginning of leg training, because the development and growth of all other small groups will depend on this very large muscle group.
The workout includes three leg and three shoulder exercises. We warm up well before class.
This is the main exercise for lower body training.
Important! We always start empty-necked, we make warm-up sets. We come to steady work gradually. We choose the weight based on our abilities. We determine the working weight based on the number of repetitions required.
- we sit under the bar and place it on our shoulders, taking the rod a little wider than our shoulders;
- feet shoulder-width apart;
- take the neck off the shelves and slightly pull back;
- keeping the back straight and straight, one begins to sit slowly, the knees do not move, the feet fixed;
- slowly descending for 2-3 seconds, exhaling and rising rapidly.
We perform several sets of warm-up, after which we go to work – 3-4 sets of 10-12 repetitions.
Common mistakes: placing the rod on the neck, lowering the head, falling too quickly into the squat, knees not fully bent, rounding the back.
Press the foot
The main work here is the quadriceps. There are several options for adjusting the feet, depending on which muscles the load will fall on. We use the classic version: feet shoulder-width apart in the center of the platform.
- we put our feet on the platform;
- slowly bend your legs as you inhale until you are approximately 90 degrees between the thigh and lower leg;
- at the lowest point gravity remains on the heels;
- in the upper point it accelerates by exhaling;
- We don’t stop during the exercise.
We perform several sets of warm-up, after which we go to work – 3-4 sets after 10-12 repetitions.
Common mistakes: pulling heels off the platform, twitching of the knees, failure to lock all fulcrums.
Curls of the legs
In this exercise, we focus on the back of the thigh. Most gyms offer an exercise machine modification to do the exercise while lying down, but you can also bend your legs while sitting. The essence of the exercise does not change.
- set so that the roller is on the Achilles tendon;
- pull the socks towards you, keep your back straight;
- fully fold your legs;
- stretch them, exhaling, straining the biceps of the thigh;
- we gradually lower our legs as the load falls on the ligaments in the heel, which are very sensitive and prone to trauma.
Common mistake: the pelvis is torn when the legs are bent.
We perform 3-4 sets of work of 10-12 repetitions.
Sitting on a dumbbell press
This is a basic shoulder exercise that affects all three parts of the deltoid muscle.
- pelvis, shoulder blades and occiput resting on the back of the bench, feet also immobile;
- squeeze hands with dumbbells up, arm and elbow are in the same straight line;
- the upper arm is not fully straightened;
- Slowly lower your hands, exhale and push the dumbbells again.
We perform 1-2 sets of warm-up, then 3-4 jobs of 10-12 repetitions.
Wave with dumbbells standing sideways
If we first have a dumbbell and then an elbow as we go up, the central part of the deltoid muscle does not shrink. It is important that the elbows rise first and the dumbbells below.
- feet shoulder-width apart, we take dumbbells in our hands;
- the arms go up and away from the body. Raise your elbows, try not to shrug your shoulders. We don’t turn our wrists up;
- in the upper arm we do not fully bend;
- exercise continuously.
We perform 3-4 sets of work after 12 repetitions.
Pull the bar towards your chin
Take a shoulder width or a little narrower so that the load falls a little more on the front deltas and a little on the trapeze.
- take the bar, spread your feet shoulder-width apart;
- we try to relax the biceps without raising the shoulders too much;
- elbows work mainly, rise;
- do not wrap the wrist up;
- keep your back straight, do not sway to the rhythm of the movements;
- the exercise is performed without interruption.
We perform three sets of work from 10 to 12 repetitions.
The training is over.
This complex does not include the most difficult exercises. They are perfect for those taking their first steps in this sport. Remember that the load should be gradually increased to reduce the risk of injury.